Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Lewis Black at Oberlin

I just got back from a wonderful, rejuvenating weekend trip to Oberlin. I have so much to think about, so much to say. But it's week 10 here at UCSD, which means I have much winding up to do. Besides, I am hooked to Octavia Butler's Fledgling, which I'm hoping to finish tonight.

So here are some fun clips from Oberlin, until I can write some more. Apparently, Lewis Black visited Oberlin after the 2000 election, did a little campus tour, visited with students, and of course, did a show. Too bad I wasn't a student there yet. My favorite line in all of this is: "So I asked everyone from around the country to tell me what school I should go to, and Oberlin College won." Oh yeah! Yes, I heart Oberlin, so get used to it...





2 comments:

bee listy said...

I love Lewis Black-- I can't wait to watch these from home.

I just finished Fledgling-- I thought it was awesome.

hope you're well!

becca

Griffin said...

I'm used to it. :)

I didn't know you were reading Butler though, so I'd love to talk about Fledgling. Maybe we can catch up (on the phone, over email, or via blog entries) and exchange stories about your Oberlin visit and my trip to the Octavia Butler Symposium at the National Black Writers Conference later this month!

Take care,
Griffin